CIP1 Tutorial for Beginners

The people & products who help keep us running.
hertz
Snake Charmer

CIP1 Tutorial for Beginners

Post by hertz »

Thought I would start a thread about dealing with Cip1 as we do promote them a bit.

Firstly as we always say, when accessing the Cip1 site, especially to make a purchase, we ask that you use the banner ad link on the bottom of our forum. This will ensure that Luft receives a small commission from your purchase (3%, excluding shipping) We use this revenue to keep things going each year (server fee's, top 3 trophies, car show sponsorship etc etc).

Anyways, lets assume that you have put together a bit of a wish list in your Cip1 shopping cart. Once you push the oder button you will be asked a couple of questions. Firstly, will you be paying by paypal or credit card. If you are paying by paypal, then just like ebay, you will be directed to the paypal site for final checkout, and a receipt will be emailed to you.

If paying by credit card, you will checkout on the CIP1 site, and your credit card will be debited straight away. You will receive 2 email and it is important that you read one of them. The first will be your receipt and order details. The second will be a Credit Card Verification Form. This form will need to be completed with a photocopy of your drivers licence and credit card (front and back), to establish that you did in fact order the parts, not some somalian pirate. The form can be faxed or scanned and emailed. NOTE: Your order will not ship until you return this form.

During the checkout process you will be asked if anyone has helped you with the order and given a list of names to choose from. I recommend either Amanda or Jill. Amanda is an Aussie so will go out of her way to push your order through without hassle. Jill sounds hot. By selecting one or the other you now have a name to call if you have any dramas etc. Speaking of calling, the best time to call is around 6-7am EST. This is around 1-2pm in canada, so its a nice time for both of us. I think whoever you choose gets a commission too, so I'd rather see it go to the hot sounding girl than the fat bossman.

Once you have this stuff out of the way, you can check the status of your order at any time by using the order status login at the top of the CIP site. If your status says pending, then its probably not business hours over there and they have not downloaded your order. If it says processing, then it is either being packed, or they are still waiting on your credit card form. Once the status changes to shipped, you can click the blau button that says review order. This will open a screen with your order and the tracking numbers for tracking your shipment.

Click on the tracking number to check where it is.

CIP will usually always use FedEx to Australia. When tracking it, you may notice that it travels first to Vancouver, then to Memphis. The reason for this is because thats where the FedEx Super Hub is (google it, its friggen awesome). Once you see that your parcel has left memphis "in transit", it will be heading to Honolulu.

You can check its progress even further here....

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX77

This is a daily service (fdx77) between either Memphis or LA and Honolulu then onto Sydney. The stop over in Honolulu is usually a few hours, and arrival in Sydney is at around 3pm. Once unloaded in Sydney your parcel will proceed into customs. If the value of your order (including shipping) is over $1000 you will have to pay customs fees and GST. (import duties are rarely payable thanks to the US free trade agreement) They will ring you however its faster to ring them once its landed and pay by credit card. Allow 10% of the value plus around a hundred (on a 3 grand order, I paid $380)

Your order will now be cleared from customs and proceed to the FedEx Depot in Alexandria.

Generally it will then be handed over to Australian Air Express for delivery and you can no longer track it using FedEx.

You can however track it on the Australian Air Express site using the same tracking number.

Australian Air Express are a pack of lazy pricks, and if you are not home when they call, they will just leave your parts at the local Post Office, which can be a pain if you are at work. Anyway

Ive probable confused you all and made it sound hard, but of all the companies I have dealt with over the years, I think the system they use is pretty damn good. Shipping time is generally 3-5 days to your door.
Jase
Sydney tourism board.

Post by Jase »

I've found if you get in contact with luft Express they will leave your package "Around the back" or "In carport" if you authorise it.

Amanda has always been helpful with me and dorted any issues quick sticks!

As for import duties only time I've copped it was on a 7k order :wink:
I'm scared my fibreglass addiction is becoming a real problem

STRIKE 1!
FKD15
luft commander

Post by FKD15 »

Unless there's a new Amanda, the one I just spoke to on the phone is most certainly Canadian, but she said she deals with all us Aussies by word of mouth(from on here obviously).....so maybe we were just led to believe she was an Aussie!?!?!

Anyway, she was a great help as the wheels I wanted weren't allowing me to select 4(I could only buy 1, yay!) as their stocks were so low the system only allows a staff member to select the amount if they can confirm they're in stock. I got the last 4 and they are now out of stock! :twisted: :twisted: