T4 single cab

for those on the darkside

Spike
The Best from the West

T4 single cab

Post by Spike »

While looking for a cheap work/tow vehicle we stumbled across this t4 single cab. The car yard looked a bit dodgy and this was the cheapest they had by a clear $2k. Needless to say, against most advice, I kicked them hard in the shins and brought the bag of shit home... 😂
As a whole, its pretty solid. Needs a few bits/repairs here and there but I'm quietly wrapped with it.
There will be questions, it's only the 2nd wasser pumper I've owned.
Quick shout out to Jase for a few words of wisdom before the purchase. Thanks mate.
IMG_20220815_083439.jpg
Crazy Eyes
STRIKE 1
NUG637
2012 LUFTER OF THE YEAR

Re: T4 single cab

Post by NUG637 »

Nice one crazy eyes

I would be lost without a ute
STRIKE1
Spike
The Best from the West

Post by Spike »

Cheers Nugget, popping my ute cherry here, I should have gotten one years ago..
Has anyone bypassed the immobiliser in one of these? The original keys knackered, the ignition switch and barrel need replacing soon but it's the immobiliser messing around, starts and cuts a few seconds later. I'd rather just unhook it.
I've found some info about cutting and jumping the fuel pump solenoid to fix the issue.
Crazy Eyes
STRIKE 1
martinigreenbus
2009 lufter of the year!!!!

Post by martinigreenbus »

Pookey, my Pootrol key was a pile of crap when i got the car - the only key and did a similar thing.

I took the key to the key dude in Carrum Downs shopping centre - he doesn't have a big shop - just a pop up thing in the middle of the arcade - he figured out some gizmo shit and made a new flick knife style key with all the buttons working again - he said he'd never tried before - but he nailed it - still works 8 years later !

cost a few pennies but 5 bazillion dollars cheaper than a datsun key :salute: