WTD: Old Skateboards

and what do thy seek?
nee
Wanna see my splittie?

Post by nee »

What was everyones first "proper" deck then?

Mine was a Brand X "Riot Stick"

martinigreenbus
2009 lufter of the year!!!!

Post by martinigreenbus »

Definition of proper?

Cause I had one of those red fibreglass jobbies with the yellow wheels that I rode like a bride on the first night of the honeymoon.
I had a reflex full size board 'cause that's all my folks could afford at the time, used to take that everywhere, prahran, melton and then I bought a Pink Lance powell board with my paper round money.... Still have it but it's knackered... Then most favourite was a yellow schmidt stik, the one with the little nose riser. gee that was like riding elle macpherson... i loved that board....

moved out of home, probably had ten old skool nice sk8 boards, boxes of trucks and wheels, I used to work at a shop called cheapskates in prahran after school and on weekends, ..... moved around the country a fair bit, came home when ma & pa where moving to a smaller house, all that stuff, years of collecting, gone.... no one would admit to chucking it, but some dude down the dump would have struck a mini lotto that day........

Bitter??? not half...... All that is left is an almost busted in half pink and light blau lance mountain deck with one Independent truck on it, & I think a pyscho stick that is just as fubared....
nee
Wanna see my splittie?

Post by nee »

Ah, gutted for you Martin :(

Definition of proper was the 10" x 30" variety (is that the standard oldschool size??)
Sir Artemis
I should narrow my beam today

Post by Sir Artemis »

MaineBugs wrote:back in my skater fag days in year 9...i was shit

me and my brother and some friends
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsJXzgRb ... re=related
1:59. f#*king pissed myself. :lol: :wink:
Sir Artemis
I should narrow my beam today

Post by Sir Artemis »

martinigreenbus wrote:Definition of proper?

Cause I had one of those red fibreglass jobbies with the yellow wheels that I rode like a bride on the first night of the honeymoon.
I had a reflex full size board 'cause that's all my folks could afford at the time, used to take that everywhere, prahran, melton and then I bought a Pink Lance powell board with my paper round money.... Still have it but it's knackered... Then most favourite was a yellow schmidt stik, the one with the little nose riser. gee that was like riding elle macpherson... i loved that board....

moved out of home, probably had ten old skool nice sk8 boards, boxes of trucks and wheels, I used to work at a shop called cheapskates in prahran after school and on weekends, ..... moved around the country a fair bit, came home when ma & pa where moving to a smaller house, all that stuff, years of collecting, gone.... no one would admit to chucking it, but some dude down the dump would have struck a mini lotto that day........

Bitter??? not half...... All that is left is an almost busted in half pink and light blau lance mountain deck with one Independent truck on it, & I think a pyscho stick that is just as fubared....

Tragic man. That sux :cry:, :x But yeah no need for it, happens for a reason, Maybe some little dude is enjoying one of those boards right now and it lives on.
martinigreenbus

It was a long time ago, all rifts have healed, but it would be a shame if someone didn't save it all. If it just went into land fill, that would suck....
opaque
The Avatar Expert.

Post by opaque »

so..........no one's got anything for sale?
"Hammer to fit, Paint to match"

STRIKE 1
sweetlikechocolatemilk
slammeister

Post by sweetlikechocolatemilk »

My First deck was a Powell Peralta Tommy Guerrero... wish I still had it, wish they would put a reissue out just as much.

This Vision is available, it's an original not reissue. It belongs to a mate of mine, if your interested I can hit him up for a price or you can make an offer. It's in pretty good condition, a few nicks, holes from rails etc and extra holes where the front trucks were set back.

sweetlikechocolatemilk
slammeister

snEEkmEistEr wrote:
haah? skateboards before kickers? alva, powell, santacruz, vision, schmittstix, K&S...... skateboards before noses :lol: nice link vinnie, now i gotta "find wheels of fire" thats my all time fav
I have 'Wheels of fire' PM some details and I will send you a copy...
snEEk
tYRe-KIckeR 1

Post by snEEk »

sweetlikechocolatemilk wrote:
snEEkmEistEr wrote:
haah? skateboards before kickers? alva, powell, santacruz, vision, schmittstix, K&S...... skateboards before noses :lol: nice link vinnie, now i gotta "find wheels of fire" thats my all time fav
I have 'Wheels of fire' PM some details and I will send you a copy...
cheers for that, i did a big search and found a stream for it online, along with a few other classics..... damn ill try remember where?
i KiLLEd mELbURg LufT wiTH bOObs
opaque
The Avatar Expert.

Post by opaque »

"Hammer to fit, Paint to match"

STRIKE 1
mikey_ok
My heat exchangers are dragging.

Post by mikey_ok »

nee wrote:What was everyones first "proper" deck then?
mine was a kevin staab mad scientist. i've got a brand new untouched kevin staab pirate deck back at the folks in canada. keeping it for a rainy day.

would dig a lester kasai splat. love early 80s sims and powell...
Water Boy
my kitchen rules!

Post by Water Boy »

I hope u all watched Collectors on ABC tonight! Nice collection that guys had...
jimbo
panscraper extraordinare

Post by jimbo »

Ive still got a beautiful pale blau Vision Mark Gonzales, grab rails 'n all. :wink:
martinigreenbus

some great generic Powell Peralta stuff....... I think I saw an early Alva as well, a very early Natas......
sweetlikechocolatemilk
slammeister

I need A TV!
Redd~Ratbag*
Mr Milkbar

Post by Redd~Ratbag* »

Vision Jinx, this was my first new deck I bought in 88 (?)
before that I had a couple of others...
[/img]
Still living.