The Mk2

for those on the darkside

Elbo
Melburg Comrade

Post by Elbo »

In other news… this bushing from the shifter linkage is an endless source of frustration. That's twice it's failed in the last year! Both times just outside the 6 month warranty on parts from the mechanic. It literally melts off the linkage. If its meant to be so close to the engine, why does it melt? Horrible design. Will try and find a metal one maybe? :?

Elbo
Melburg Comrade

Post by Elbo »

Played around with the ride height a little and now this is how it sits
Jaison710
USA infiltration unit

Post by Jaison710 »

Nice! Looking good with the trim on again.
Spike
The Best from the West

Post by Spike »

Looks super clean brumma. 8)
Crazy Eyes
STRIKE 1
Elbo
Melburg Comrade

Post by Elbo »

Thanks guys :)

Unfortunately I scraped a wheel the other night, dodging some dude laying on the f#*king road! He was unconscious though and a couple of people were already on the scene calling emergency services, so hope he's alright.
Elbo
Melburg Comrade

Post by Elbo »

Visited Nafe yesterday and got a shot of the Mk2 and Mk3 together
Elbo
Melburg Comrade

Post by Elbo »

Replaced the relay shaft rod today and the broken hood prop clip the other day… piece by piece :lol:
Nafe
Albury Luft Command

Post by Nafe »

Welp, after my Golf crapped itself in Albury, this thing got me back to Wollongong after DOVW, smashing out over 2000km with no dramas at all.

I even got to drive it for a bit, and I've got to commend my pal Eliot for the job he's done on this thing, from having very little experience working on cars to getting it done. Hopefully he can get his dream fatty squareback sometime and do just as well with it.

Rolling shot from before my car died...
Elbo
Melburg Comrade

Post by Elbo »

Thanks dude 8) Have learnt a lot lately working on it, couldn't have done it without your advice and encouragement! I'm happy to know people are digging what I've done with it :)
JYE_91
2016 Lufter of the year

Post by JYE_91 »

im a little sad that i didnt get to see it last week :(
its come along way 8)
Elbo
Melburg Comrade

Post by Elbo »

Thanks man :) Yeah, spewing I drove it all that way and wasn't allowed to bring it in. Nath said I should've just told the guy at the gate I had to drive in to pick up some parts… :lol: Didn't think of that at the time.
Elbo
Melburg Comrade

Post by Elbo »

Caught up with Nafe and another mate in Wollongong this weekend Here's a shot of the cars at the beach.

JYE_91
2016 Lufter of the year

Post by JYE_91 »

Your leaving out some vital information about the new aerodynamic roof modification you did the other day
Elbo
Melburg Comrade

Post by Elbo »

Thanks for the reminder mate :roll:

Managed to do this on the weekend… let's just say it involved a bike, a roof rack and an underground carpark :oops: Feel like a real dickhead, but came out pretty unscathed considering. Not unscathed enough though :cry:

morts
My heat exchangers are dragging.

Post by morts »

Elbo wrote:Managed to do this on the weekend… let's just say it involved a bike, a roof rack and an underground carpark :oops: Feel like a real dickhead, but came out pretty unscathed considering. Not unscathed enough though :cry:
:lol: I share your pain - had two mountain bikes on the roof rack on the splitty and forgot it didn't fit under my carport cross beam... :oops: :roll:

The roof rack and kombi were fine but the bikes were toast - what a knob...!
No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you....

STRIKE 1
Jase
Sydney tourism board.

Post by Jase »

Yeah I don't want it back now :(
I'm scared my fibreglass addiction is becoming a real problem

STRIKE 1!
Elbo
Melburg Comrade

Post by Elbo »

morts wrote::lol: I share your pain - had two mountain bikes on the roof rack on the splitty and forgot it didn't fit under my carport cross beam... :oops: :roll:

The roof rack and kombi were fine but the bikes were toast - what a knob...!
You swear it'll never happen to you, then you decide to grab a spur of the moment bakery feed and end up being one of the dickheads. Glad to hear the splitty was fine in your case. My Giant Trance just got a few scratches. I'm precious about my bikes, but honestly, in this case I wish it would've sustained more of the damage.
Elbo
Melburg Comrade

Post by Elbo »

Jase wrote:Yeah I don't want it back now :(
Wasn't really planning on selling.
Unfortunately 3 years of parking in Sydney has taken its toll on the poor thing. Been knocked around in carparks a bit, and of course no one ever leaves a note.
Elbo
Melburg Comrade

Post by Elbo »

Raised the rear 15mm yesterday as it was sitting 15mm lower than the front when I measured it. Car now sits at 545mm Fender to Ground all round and think I've got the ride height spot on for daily driving now. Feel like handling has improved a little too by raising the rear.
Elbo
Melburg Comrade

Post by Elbo »

The Mk2 has been at the mechanics for the last 3 days, it had a lot of work done and now it runs like a dream :D Had the timing belt done, new front muffler, new wasser pump and rocker cover gasket and a tune up.

New muffler is a little quieter which is good.

Having a bit of a love/hate relationship with this thing at the moment. But it sure feels good to drive again now.