Left hooker Jetta

for those on the darkside

Volumex
My heat exchangers are dragging.

Left hooker Jetta

Post by Volumex »

This is my daily. I now perfectly understand why cars have seat warmers. They kick in slightly before the heater starts putting out at least luke warm luft.

Yes it gets rather cool over here - and its not even winter yet...

When I bought it, it came with a second set of wheels and tyres. The tyres are these weird Norwegian brand. After a bit of googling, it turns out they are the ducks nuts of winter tyres. I never knew that winter tyres existed until I arrived - having driven on snow they have amazing grip. Chains are banned on our towns roads - so this is as good as it gets.

It's the 2.0T engine. 200hp in a little car is too much for this old geezer.
Funny thing is the engine burns oil - I thought that modern cars didn't burn oil? Needs topping up about every month.
Jaison710
USA infiltration unit

Post by Jaison710 »

At gm, a quart every 1000miles was normal. Strange when you have an engine holding 4qts & oil change every 5k.
Sunshine
Postal Spammer

Post by Sunshine »

My R36 used to use oil as well. Developed a noisy top end so decided to let it go. 86,000kms too :?
hertz
Snake Charmer

Post by hertz »

Winter treads are common in Europe. I was driving a Mondeo in der fatherland with winter treads. A sticker on the dash told me so, and tgat I should not exceed 190kmh :lol:
signature cock
Fonz
Foreign Correspondent

Post by Fonz »

Winter tyres and even studded tyres are law in some countries during winter months.

Had metal studded tyres on my car in Sweden.
The Karmann Kid!

STRIKE 1 !
NUG637
2012 LUFTER OF THE YEAR

Post by NUG637 »

nice to hear from you simon 8)

hope it working out for you... now where are the pics of all the splits and zwitters? :lol:
STRIKE1