Nsw reg/engineers reports

for lufters nord of the burg border
Sydney & QLD based chat, events and news.
beaner
Wanna see my splittie?

Nsw reg/engineers reports

Post by beaner »

Hi guys apologies if this is a dopey question; just moved up from vic, my t4 had a factory rear seat and 3 seater in the front. But because the compliance plate states its a 2 seater I have to get an engineers report on the rear seat. It's passed blau slip but they had to remove the seat and belts. Rego is about to send me broke so I can't afford the engineers report for now so my question is how stupid is it to put the seat back in and drive as is. Need to get the family around town. Do the police check compliance plates and is it a massive fine? Cheers, cam.
petemart
Wanna see my splittie?

Post by petemart »

Is it registered as a commercial vehicle (ie a van) and not a passenger vehicle?

I'd suss it out with RMS before you drive around with the kids in the back as you will probably get pinged..
byronbus
luft commander

Post by byronbus »

I doubt you'd get busted for it, except if you were involved in a serious accident, then it may pose a problem with insurance etc...
beaner
Wanna see my splittie?

Post by beaner »

thanks guys won't risk it. on another topic just been looking at greenslip prices, FARK ME what a rort. would almost be cheaper for me to drive back to vic and register it there then drive back to bellingen. anyone know the cheapest CTP provider?
Jase
Sydney tourism board.

Post by Jase »

NSW is a rort!

Fucken shithole
I'm scared my fibreglass addiction is becoming a real problem

STRIKE 1!
splitpersonality
Wanna see my splittie?

Post by splitpersonality »

http://www.greenslips.com.au

and you'll get used to the yearly arse examination with pineapple routine that is rego up here...
benham1
My heat exchangers are dragging.

Post by benham1 »

I have a couple good engineers in Sydney I can recommend - when or if you get around to it PM me.
dual77
Melburg Comrade

Post by dual77 »

I had a back seat installed in my t5 just after xmas by a fella in Sydney. No engineers cert needed just a blau slip and a change of the paperwork at RTA, but he is an authorised installer though. Shoot me a pm if you'd like his name and number, he might be able to help or offer some more advice.
Scotty