Busnbug - Volkswagen Trimming Co - Stuff we've done lately

The people & products who help keep us running.
brad@busnbug
Wanna see my splittie?

Post by brad@busnbug »

type3disease wrote:Careful... Signage is the new roofrack... Little bit over done...

Must be good, well executed, and have a purpose I reckon...

Course a big red splitty with bus n bug written onit would be cool and VERY practical...!

Yeah I'm seeing someone's business name on the side. Work van. Like Tony Headstone's.
Not that other bad, poorly executed stuff without a purpose. Shit no! :wink:
www.busnbug.com

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

the artist formerly known as 65busser
whatnow
The Speculator

Post by whatnow »

Last edited by whatnow on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
brad@busnbug
Wanna see my splittie?

Post by brad@busnbug »

Here's some more stuff we've done of late.

Just sent this 67 Army Microbus back to Sydney with a Platinum Deluxe interior. The exterior was staying as is but the old interior was a bit down and out. The visible metal inside was painted which is something Stealthy did to the Shell Service Bus interior that made a huge difference to the feel and finish. Thanks Stealth!
Already had the nice Retro head unit and we added an amp behind the passenger seat and speakers mounted behind the rear seat kick conceiled with 50's stereo cloth.

Few before shots

during
ImageImage

...and after

Made up some Country Buggy seats for a CB without the originals. Brian at Unique and Classic made up the backrests. Added new seat pads and man made leather so they don't get too hot in Summer.

ImageImage

Used Wesfalia material on one of Jamie's ADR'd beds in this Camper. The old bed was a bit tired. It's a real brain buster lining the material up because the pattern runs two ways.

ImageImage
www.busnbug.com

Tonz Magonz
Postal Spammer

Post by Tonz Magonz »

Great pics and even better workmanship... :salute:
Looking for a mk3 VR6 and a 90's hiace... Future projects for shits and giggles.
NUG637
2012 LUFTER OF THE YEAR

Post by NUG637 »

love the pattern on the bed 8)
STRIKE1
brad@busnbug
Wanna see my splittie?

Post by brad@busnbug »

Few pics of the new/old Busnbug workshop ute. 69 painted dash, Splitty tail lights. Hasn't been out in the big wide world for a long time. Absolutely complete and dry as. Jase dragged it home and did the beam, height, mechanicals and good scrub and just happened to have a set of near new Speed Masters for it that I was about to buy new.
Brakes are done, electrics are as they were, in fact all the original fuses were still in place. Everything works. Windows wind up and down nicely. It does everything as intended.
I've only had it a few weeks and wanted to get it to the Day of so Ankor Waxed the whole exterior including gates and tray, all the corners in the cabin, the bottoms of the doors, inside bumpers, full Dynamat in the cabin, except the floor. Doesn't need the floor done it's so quiet all you can hear is the noise of the Nankangs. Might have to do the floor.
New headliner, visors, restored mirror, new seat pads, covers and door cards and hardware. New pedestal mats and German Square Weave where the spare used to sit under the seats. Nice storage area.
Did the door seals. Took a whole day to completely remove the old front door rubbers but worth it because the new German seals went in so well the thing is airtight to the point, (as they were when new), where a window needs to be down a bit to shut the door despite the flesh wound on the passenger door. Doors close flush too which doesn't happen.
More pics to put up but here's a few for now. The two shots at the Day of were taken by someone else. Hope I'm not infringing but they're the best pics I've seen of it. Thanks.

Thanks to Jase for parting with it. it really is a good old thing. If you're gonna have a Bay this is a beaut.

Signage by Warb.

Last edited by brad@busnbug on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.busnbug.com

MaineBugs
Yapeen Tail Draggers PTY LTD TCB!

Post by MaineBugs »

I love that ute 8)
I'll finish a car............one day

brad@busnbug
Wanna see my splittie?

Post by brad@busnbug »

Yeah such an honest thing.

I like what I believe Rhett said about the ding in the door and that it was part of the story. Hope I haven't misquoted you there Rhett.

Few more pics.

www.busnbug.com

Phat Bug
Bendigo Squadron

Post by Phat Bug »

That's it, every scar has a story behind it.
type3disease
KING KOMBI

Post by type3disease »

Phat Bug wrote:That's it, every scar has a story behind it.
you sure we're not brothers - that sounds very tasmanian....
DENIM HEAVEN

SWITZERLAND.....

enough said....!