"Checkers"

for those on the darkside

Phat Bug
Bendigo Squadron

"Checkers"

Post by Phat Bug »

Picked up another Minitruck a couple of weeks ago, the kids have named "Checkers"

It was owned by a mate for a few years and I tried to buy it 6 months ago, but I couldn't get my shit together in time and it sold unregistered to a 15yr old kid.

He basically washed it, had new carpet installed, then told Daddy he didn't like it anymore and wanted a dirt bike, this time I didn't hesitate and was able to swoop in and get it for less than half of what it was 6 months earlier :lol: :lol:

It has some history in the minitruck scene, features in some old videos etc, with billet wheels on it.

Got it RWC and Permitted last week and is the first project in the new workshop.........

Tonz Magonz
Postal Spammer

Post by Tonz Magonz »

Looks tidy brother trucker..

Moved out of Benders HQ..?
Looking for a mk3 VR6 and a 90's hiace... Future projects for shits and giggles.
Phat Bug
Bendigo Squadron

Post by Phat Bug »

Thanks Tonz :D

No still in Benders HQ, this one is Lancefield HQ :wink: :wink:
Phat Bug
Bendigo Squadron

Post by Phat Bug »

Did some front suspension work last night, fresh weiss walls and moon discs........

NUG637
2012 LUFTER OF THE YEAR

Post by NUG637 »

Sweet! These things torsion bar front ends aswell?
STRIKE1
Phat Bug
Bendigo Squadron

Post by Phat Bug »

NUG637 wrote:Sweet! These things torsion bar front ends aswell?
Yeah man, torsion bar. Rides rough enough at this height, will probably just leave it as is for now ;)

Do you like the wheel/tyre combo?

Saw this baby blau Lux years ago and always liked the look........

Phat Bug
Bendigo Squadron

Post by Phat Bug »

Been very short for time in the last 12 months and living away from home has meant no VW time :( :(

I was able to get a few quick jobs done on the minitruck tho.......

Scored a set of new 16" Hummer rims and after a few mods got them on & lucky enough to have Dangerous Dan on board who is a magician on the buff, he gave it a full detail for me......

Brodie has also jumped on board and bought himself one too....

Phat Bug
Bendigo Squadron

Post by Phat Bug »

I decided to put this one on the Market and Brodie showed interest in it, so we decided he could have it, on the provision he finished and sold a few of his other cars (what 15 year old needs 5 cars right?? :lol: )

So with that he hatched a plan, wrote it all out and got to work, first was the Subaru.
New battery and a thorough detail by our own Dangerous Dan and she went on the market......

Was snapped up by a 15yr old girl for her first car 8)

Then Brodie's Rodeo came in, he lowered it 3" all round, clear lights, threw on the 16" Hummer wheels and again Dan worked his magic bringing the paint and interior back to life.........

Before...

After.....

With them gone, he was able to get Checkers and have a wad of cash to do some more to it to make it his own 8)

Phat Bug
Bendigo Squadron

Post by Phat Bug »

Been 18 moths between updates, Brodie (now an apprentice fitter/machinist) has done heaps on it.......

Lowered some more, 15" Billets and Chrome wheel arch trims from the states, canopy window frames polished and canopy painted, lower half of the car wrapped in yellow and the whole thing treated to a Mooneyes theme.

Will be a sweet weekend cruiser for him when he gets his P's in August.
Mid West Dubber
My heat exchangers are dragging.

Post by Mid West Dubber »

Turned out great, also cool to hear Brodie doing an apprenticeship at a fitter/machinist