Captain VW wins TOP 12 at central coast 50's festival.

Pics from shows attended by Luft members.
DR KARL
slammeister

Captain VW wins TOP 12 at central coast 50's festival.

Post by DR KARL »

Some pics from the 50's festival at Toukley.

We had a crowd around the bugs all day. Congrats to LJ on the win.

Evis's ugly cousin i think???
captainvw
VOTE 1 ACKERMAN

Post by captainvw »

Beat me to it Doc :D
Met up with fellow Northern Lufters Squizy and the Doc for EasyStreet Rodders 50's Festival.Sat had the local pensioners running as Chequered fist (psychobilly) rocked the Village Green Front mans 15 with his bro on double bass 12 and the drummers14 these guys played a great set and definatley going places

followed by a poker run taking in the local beaches and ending at the local Pub.And me loosing both tailpipes on the way into the carpark :lol:

At the pub we got to listen to another great band the Flat Trackers 8)

Sunday morning was the show and shine with some big dollar rods on show,and two shitty bugs :D

Was great to see most people walk straight past the the big Dollar rods to get a closer look at Damo's58 and my oval bringing smiles to kids and oldies alike there wasn't one minute went by there wasn't a crowd around them

The organisers wanted to put one of the bugs into the top 12 they chose by tossing a coin and mine it was.The voting was done by a gold coin donation with a tin in front of each car with the money going towards Charity.There definatley wasn't another in the top 12 that didn't cost atleast 50k to build, goes to show how much bang for your buck you get out of the humble VW 8)
Don't call this a comeback .
captainvw
VOTE 1 ACKERMAN

Post by captainvw »

met up with Jbomb from Newy cool guy nice to meet ya man get out in that shed mate and get that type3 rollin :D ...here's some more pics

Jbombs mate one of my favs for the show 8)

Sam's Trophy :lol: might bolt it on the oval for the disc brake look front end 8)

Don't call this a comeback .
squizy
Wolfsburg Post Master

Post by squizy »

Awesome stuff guys - well done Damo and eLJ. Pity I couldn't be up there again today.

Yesterday was stinking hot, and Toukley was pumping. That Village Green was huge. Pee'd myself when eLJ came out and told us about the old chooks complaining about their Saturday morning cuppa being spoiled by those young whipper snappers, and their funny haircuts. Will load up a few pics later.
Last edited by squizy on Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
J BOMB
Wolfsburg Post Master

Post by J BOMB »

nice meeting you too captain :) have to catch up again when i get the square the way i want it ! i creamed my pants when i seen the bugs there, id post my pics when i find my camera cable, i only took pics of the bugs anyway ! bummed i missed the flat trackers and checkered fist, seen them at greazefest and they go ok for some youngens :)
J BOMB
Wolfsburg Post Master

Post by J BOMB »

oh and congrats for making the top 12 dude ! so happy to hear that ! say no to shiney paint !
boris
you can't see me ,i'm hidden
Location: Adelaide....Beautiful one day, friggin rad the next!

Post by boris »

Hey! well done on the prize, awesome result. It truly is amazing the reaction a ratter VW gets at a non VW show, "Normal" people love em!
Well done again.
Fonz
Foreign Correspondent

Post by Fonz »

Congrats guys. That's way cool. 8)

Good to see you showing that the humble VW still has it.
The Karmann Kid!

STRIKE 1 !
undercircuit
Postal Spammer

Post by undercircuit »

Bummer totally missed all of this. Looks like it was fun. maybe next time :wink:
squizy
Wolfsburg Post Master

Post by squizy »

A few more pics from Saturday. This is the first time they've run this show, and Saturday was a bit quiet. I think next year I won't head up until the Saturday arvo, and stay overnight for Sunday. Pity I had to head back - the bub's had had enough my the time the real action had started.

Meeting up at the twin servos

Kids with attitude. Rather see them doing this than getting into trouble.

Shade lizards...