unregistered car

for lufters nord of the burg border
Sydney & QLD based chat, events and news.
bigdukesix
luft commander

unregistered car

Post by bigdukesix »

this might be a stupid question but here goes.
does any one know of a permit in NSW to allow you to park an unregistered car on the street or even drive it to and from a repairers?
i have a 65 square im trying to get on the road and putting it in storage is costing me.
undercircuit
Postal Spammer

Re: unregistered car

Post by undercircuit »

bigdukesix wrote:this might be a stupid question but here goes.
does any one know of a permit in NSW to allow you to park an unregistered car on the street or even drive it to and from a repairers?
i have a 65 square im trying to get on the road and putting it in storage is costing me.
buy a decent car cover and trow it over it... its hard to see a lack of rego sticker and just dont park it in a timed spot.

as for driving it on the road thats a bit of a grey area... you are indeed alowed to drive directly to a repair location but... i dont think your alowed to drive back and forth...

hope this helps
Volumex
My heat exchangers are dragging.

Post by Volumex »

There's a guy in Brissie with this old unregistered Rover V8, and he has to park it on the street - but he puts it on this ancient car trailer which is registered. I've seen it in the same spot for 3 years now. I spose it is cheap storage, but security isn't that brilliant.
bigdukesix
luft commander

Post by bigdukesix »

thanks for the tips guys. food for thought :)