mk1 Pusrat

for those on the darkside

roddaz87
Wanna see my splittie?

mk1 Pusrat

Post by roddaz87 »

This is going to be my new daily, I have wanted one eversince i seen the volkomen passat at dotvw 3 years ago. Lately, i have been hunting one down, and finally this little beauty popped up, a one owner rust free wagon in a suitable pus yellow. plan is to slam the shit out of it and eventually get some rims and drive it. Practical and cool, what more could you want?

have to drive to sydney in a couple of weeks to pick her up and drive her home. 8)

Last edited by roddaz87 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bog, stock and two smoking tailpipes
Sunshine
Postal Spammer

Post by Sunshine »

Good family car Rod! First watercooled for you hey mate? Hope all is well.
zebvw
panscraper extraordinare

Post by zebvw »

Good luck mate if you need any parts sing out :wink:
roddaz87
Wanna see my splittie?

Post by roddaz87 »

thanks craig it is my first watercooled vw, cheers mate! zeb, will let you know if i need parts thanks mate
roddaz87
Wanna see my splittie?

Post by roddaz87 »

so was going to fly to sydney and drive this home, rang him up to get his address, and he said that he was coming down to the ballarat swap meet, and that he could bring it down to there, for $300. I said that sounds great, but i cant make it to ballarat this weekend, so he said no worries, i will bring it to you! i said, mate i am another 4 hours at least from ballarat, but he said thats ok i will still do it for $300 so this weekend i had a passat delivered to my door! couldn't beleive it, he must of been desparate to sell it!

here are some pics, done over 500,000 km but it is immaculate with no rust, and after all those kms, there is not one drip of an oil leak! amazing!!! i am so stoked with this car happy happy! 8) :D

worst thing about this car is the cracked dash, and apparantly the last owner spilt hydraulic oil in the car so there is a strong smell of oil in the car :?
roddaz87
Wanna see my splittie?

Post by roddaz87 »

zeb you have a pm re parts.

does anyone know any suppliers of new passat parts? I am chassing brake hoses wheel cylinders, a timing belt and a few other bits and bobs. I have heard there are places in the uk does anyone know any websites etc?

cheers - rod