Yearly safety checks in NSW

for lufters nord of the burg border
Sydney & QLD based chat, events and news.
jimbo
panscraper extraordinare

Yearly safety checks in NSW

Post by jimbo »

G'day guy's. Having moved from Vic to New sud Wales a yer ago and now feeling the need to get back into an old modified dub I was just wondering how people got around the yearly safety certificate up here? Is it just a matter of an understanding mechanic every year or is it setting things back to legal each year? How do people go about registering cars with things like shortened beams and no bumpstops etc? I live in Byron Bay and I just want to know how much of a head f@#$k it is each year before I go and spend cash on a car. Cheers.
Dutchy
Its OK they know me here.

Post by Dutchy »

We just build them roadworthy up here. :wink: .. the inspection is for brakes, lights etc. Engineering is the responsibility of the owner to get sorted.
You will need to be 100mm off the deck for the check though..
*bier*
d-train
My heat exchangers are dragging.

Post by d-train »

What dutchy said, but also helps makin friends with a mechanic, some are understanding more than others. There are always rules to be bent, an if u don't make it obvious (super slammed an over modified) they won't notice. Or call their bluff.. Haha
Shiny paint doesn't make it worth any more.
surfpig
Postal Spammer

Post by surfpig »

last time i got mine done i was sitting exactly 100mm off the deck, no bump stops, 4 inch beam.

make sure your brakes are good and all your lights work :wink: oh and rust