The schwarz bitch

for those on the darkside

Megalania
Postal Spammer

The schwarz bitch

Post by Megalania »

So, currently have a BT-50 twin cab ute, which is a work supplied car, but I hate the job so am planning on leaving in the next few months. So I started to look for a daily driver as the gf got my forester.

So i had a look around and stumbled across a MKIV golf on Graysonline. It was part of a receivership bundle. Registered until last month, regularly serviced and in pretty good condition. It has 144K on the clock which is the same as my subaru, and it is a manual. So i put a bid on it. So decided to throw a number down which is the most I wanted to pay and left it for the 3 days it had left. In the end I got it...for $3009.

Its nothing special as I can't afford a GTI or R32. Its a 1.6L generation model model and is more than adequate for my needs. The interior needs a good clean as I think the previous owner spilled a slurpee of bottle of coke over the front seats and console. So I will look for some recaro from seats or maybe something from a R32 just to nicen it up a bit.

Just a couple pics for now and if it all falls into plan I will be driving it to the next dak dak meeting

Now just need to get a new stereo and some nice little interior upgrades
----1303 Euro Import in progress----
4pots
kandy raver

Post by 4pots »

Bargain!
nice score
CAT STRIKE ! !
CamYoung
Melburg Comrade

Post by CamYoung »

We had exactly the same car from new, it was a nice car and 1.6 went not too bad.
Great buy for $3k
Megalania
Postal Spammer

Post by Megalania »

So the golf is all rego'd now and have already installed a new headunit. Much happier now as the original radio was all wasser damaged. I have also started the slow task of scraping off all that sticky 'soft' plastic.

pics to follow soon
Megalania
Postal Spammer

Post by Megalania »

So after getting back from my month long trip to Europe I go back to work. Second day there I was made redundant. Needless to say I was not happy but whatever. So I decided to work on the golfs interior as I wasnt really happy with its condition, especially all the soft sticky plastic, so I pulled it out and got to work.

Here it is in its original condition, all sticky and crap

I first tried to remove the plastic with Goof off. all I found it did was spread the glue and plastic everywhere so I sanded it off using P120 and also a green scour. Don't get me wrong, its a long slow process

The result

So first I laid down two coats of clear plastic primer, then followed it up with some dark grey. Finally put two coats of clear on top. I also like the lace look so a couple of parts I tried to get it using an old doily for effect. I decided on grey as I was able to pick up a complete set of Audi headrests from the wreckers which I think sit better on the car.

I also picked up a centre console from an audi A6 (I think) and decided to use it in the golf as the wrecker only wanted $14.40 for it. I sanded it back and recovered the soft cushion in dark grey (the photos make it look almost pink). The bracket needed to be modified a bit but I got it in.

And here are the results. I need to find a pice or foam/rubber to cover the area just below the centre console but that shouldn't be too hard. Some people might not like it but I do and thats whats matters. I also installed an amp and sub in the boot and have my eye on a passat 3 spoke steering wheel (if I can figure out how to remove the airbag).