Family Hauler - Zooma

for those on the darkside

silverra23
Melburg Comrade

Family Hauler - Zooma

Post by silverra23 »

To keep my eye in I thought I would post our family hauler wasser pumper

It's a 2012 Golf Wagon 103TDi Comfortline with the works - DSG, leather, reverse camera and sensors, park assist, GPS, heated seats and a whole bunch of other shit you don't realise you need or want until you discover it and think, man that is ace!

We have done 20,000km in it since we bought it. It was previously one of the VW Australia fleet before we got our grubby mits on it.

I can't fault it. Drives well, handles well, uses bugger all diesel and is supremely comfortable around town or out on the open road. If I was being nit picky I would say it understeers more than I would like in tight stuff, but I suspect that might be me being overly enthusiastic rather than the car failing to meet its brief!

I would dearly love to lower it a little and put some GTi rims on it.. but its hers and I am not allowed to mess with it. I wasn't even allowed to put roof racks on it to carry our bikes... so I had to buy something else to do that!

Here are the only photos I have of it, taken at V-dubs in the Square 2013, which she found highly embarassing when I entered :)

Megalania
Postal Spammer

Post by Megalania »

looks like a tidy rig. there much room in it ? I have always liked the idea of a golf stationwagon
----1303 Euro Import in progress----
silverra23
Melburg Comrade

Post by silverra23 »

That is perhaps it's other fault.

As a couple it was spacious and swallowed all our gear without trouble.

When you put a rear facing baby seat in the back suddenly the passenger seat doesn't have much legroom.

And a pram takes up half the boot space so packing for a trip becomes a lot like tetris.

It's those times we say - should have bought a passat!