marge

for those on the darkside

nate
Living on a ceiling

marge

Post by nate »

So I've spent a lifetime trying to get the wife into an aircooled vw.

And finally I gave up and admitted that it's just not going to happen. So we started looking around at small cars, considered Jase's bora, and even Ol's Opel.

Looked at a couple of second hand corollas and other such japanese/korean shit.

Finally decided to go check kevin dennis vw on ballarat rd to see if they had any reasonable trade ins......

And walked out about an hour later having put an order on a my15 polo trendline. :shock:

Its the first time I've bought a brand new car, and even though we have to wait a four weeks for delivery, I'm really impressed with the service. Im now attempting to talk her into a set of wheels for it, so hopefully she's gonna let me play around with it a little.

What are the best 5 x 100 wheels to put on it? Suggestions?

Pics to follow as soon as we take delivery
Generic volkswagen related signature.
Tonz Magonz
Postal Spammer

Post by Tonz Magonz »

Type of wheels..?

In my vast experience I've found the round ones best..
Looking for a mk3 VR6 and a 90's hiace... Future projects for shits and giggles.
Nafe
Albury Luft Command

Post by Nafe »

Forget wheels unless you're going to slam it out.

They look so tall and gangly stock, when people put low profile rubber on them they look worse.

If you have to change the look, maybe get some new hubcaps for it? Lots of VAG alternatives out there.
nate
Living on a ceiling

Post by nate »

Mmm. I'm hearing you nafe. And thanks for the tip tonz, I'll keep it in mind... Im thinking I'd like to try a set of 17" brms. And yeah, drop it a little... if she'll let me.
JYE_91
2016 Lufter of the year

Post by JYE_91 »

nate wrote:Mmm. I'm hearing you nafe. And thanks for the tip tonz, I'll keep it in mind... Im thinking I'd like to try a set of 17" brms. And yeah, drop it a little... if she'll let me.
the worst idea yet
nate
Living on a ceiling

Post by nate »

We picked it up today, the service we've received from kevin dennis vw has been awesome. Definitely recommend them.