SPOTTOS!!!!

for lufters nord of the burg border
Sydney & QLD based chat, events and news.
Elbo
Melburg Comrade

Post by Elbo »

Spotted a ratty single cab splitty yesterday arvo, turning off ANZAC Bridge onto Victoria Road 8)
humphrey
2015 LUFTER OF THE YEAR

Post by humphrey »

What colour Bender ?
Strike 1
Elbo
Melburg Comrade

Post by Elbo »

Beige / yellow / patina if I remember correctly mate!
humphrey
2015 LUFTER OF THE YEAR

Post by humphrey »

Maybe the old 'Skurvy' one ?
Strike 1
Elbo
Melburg Comrade

Post by Elbo »

Not sure I know that one off the top of my head. Got a pic?
jvm
Wanna see my splittie?

Post by jvm »

Spotted a Karmann Ghia in Kenmore this morning. Very cool OG paint. Looked like it was Sierra Beige so a 61 / 62

If it was you, I was in the Bay Lowlight single cab you passed on Moggil Road :D
FKD15
luft commander

Post by FKD15 »

2 tone? Green roof? Ratty/original? Middle aged lady driver?
jvm
Wanna see my splittie?

Post by jvm »

FKD15 wrote:2 tone? Green roof? Ratty/original? Middle aged lady driver?
I wouldn't have said she was middle aged but yep, that's the one
jvm
Wanna see my splittie?

Post by jvm »

It's a bit of a VW frenzy round here at the moment. The KG this morning and then i passed a weiss early 60's beetle in Milton and my wife saw a schwarz oval this afternoon. Not forgetting a 61 OG paint a few streets away from our house too. Oh and a late bay on that same street!

They're bloody everywhere!! 8)
FKD15
luft commander

Post by FKD15 »

By middle aged I'm guessing mid-late 40's(ish). I've seen it a few times too in the Kenmore area....and what about that 8lack oval, same area? Older lady driver? Original ratty condition? I wonder if it's the one I saw a good 6 or so years ago somewhat regularly and then it disappeared. I had a good long chat to her and it was her Mother's from new....a mate said he saw it recently too. I wanted to buy, but she didn't want to sell, and that's the car that made me want the oval I have today.
jvm
Wanna see my splittie?

Post by jvm »

Yep that's her. Now I've hit the four o myself, I don't like to think about middle age!! :shock:

I've seen the schwarz oval a few times on Moggil road and Mt Crosby road but IIRC it was a younger woman driving, possibly mid twenties. But yes, ratty possibly OG paint but I doubt it. Has round indicators fitted to the wings below the lights.

Have you seen the OG paint Coral Red 57 in the repair garage towards Taringa?I think it's called Trivett prestiger or something like that. Looks very cool.
FKD15
luft commander

Post by FKD15 »

:lol: 40's is middle aged to me(and I'm 35)....average life is 80-85ish, so around there. :wink:

The 8lack oval I used to see around Kenmore and that my mate said he saw recently turned off towards Mt Crosby was OG 8lack(but maybe a later respray I guess), ratty and on original Q plates.....it'd be pretty cool if there were 2 in the area. I'm pretty sure when I saw it it didn't have aftermarket indicators, but maybe they took it off the road for a few years, which is why I haven't seen it, and put the indicators on and got it more suitable for the next daughter to drive, hence that you've seen it with a younger female driver. I'm yet to see it again, and haven't seen that KG for a few months either.

I used to live close to Trivetts but have moved so I never drive past anymore, might need to to see what's in there, sounds nice.
FKD15
luft commander

Post by FKD15 »

My Dad spotted the oval in Kenmore on Saturday, he thought it was me at first, but obviously doesn't know the difference between stock height and wheels, to lowered on Cosmics....so a fair few people spotting it lately, except me....I haven't seen it in 6 or so years :(
jvm
Wanna see my splittie?

Post by jvm »

FKD15 wrote:My Dad spotted the oval in Kenmore on Saturday, he thought it was me at first, but obviously doesn't know the difference between stock height and wheels, to lowered on Cosmics....so a fair few people spotting it lately, except me....I haven't seen it in 6 or so years :(
Good timing on your post as I was following it this morning. It is still an older lady driving it and is OG schwarz with cool patina on the roof (red primer showing through)
The W lid is worse for wear with the bottom eaten through and its brake lights don't work! I wasn't able to tell the driver direct but left a message with where she works.
I will be stalking her now I know her route lol

NUG637
2012 LUFTER OF THE YEAR

Post by NUG637 »

Dam that cool! 8)
STRIKE1
Leroy
patina junkie

Post by Leroy »

Man, thats tasty 8)
FKD15
luft commander

Post by FKD15 »

That's the one.....it's a pity the front plate fell off(got stolen) years and years ago, you'd never be able to replace it with a period correct one. Last I spoke to her she wouldn't sell for anything less than what it would cost for her to buy a new car, and fair enough I guess. Also, being her mothers I'm sure it holds a lot of sentimental value which is another reason she wouldn't sell then. It was pretty damn ratty when I saw it last and I can't imagine it's getting anything but worse seeing she uses it regularly, still, it's cool to see they are still around.
Elbo
Melburg Comrade

Post by Elbo »

That's cool 8)
FKD15
luft commander

Post by FKD15 »

Spotted the above mentioned KG on the weekend. It was quite a few cars in front of me getting onto the freeway and it did better merging at speed than most idiots in modern cars. It actually took a while to catch up, so it gets along just fine at 100! I'd guess it's more a later 60's going by the wheels, not the 61/62 JVM thought. Cool to see them still out there like this....but would be even cooler slammed 8)

jvm
Wanna see my splittie?

Post by jvm »

Was following this beauty through Kenmore earlier.
saw it later on Hawkesbury Road in Anstead so it must be local to me - haven't seen it before though.