Volksfest 2016

Pics from shows attended by Luft members.
morts
My heat exchangers are dragging.

Volksfest 2016

Post by morts »

Started out giving the Ghia a quick clean and asked the little lady whether she wanted to drive the bus or the ghia. She chose the bus coz its rhd. (first mistake!)

So we are cruisng into town and got split up. I head ost along King William Street to get to Elder Park (right next to Adelaide Oval) and she heads ost along West Terrace before heading up nord Tce. Next, my phone rings and she tells me the bus won't start and she is stranded out front of the Hyatt Hotel :shock:

So I duck down Hindley Street and cut through and at the lights onto nord Tce there is Colin in his 23 with Big Dave and Matt - bonus :D

A quick pow wow and a burnt out generator is diagnosed :( . At this point we are probably 1500 metres from the show, however the main problem is the first 700 metres which are uphill and we have to get through the main set of pedestrian lights that cross from Adelaide Railway Station to the city.:?

So, the plan is hatched that three of us are going to push it with Cate 'driving' and no matter what we are just going to keep going through the pedestrian lights coz if we stop we're toast. As we get up a head of steam a small wave of pedestrians part for us and one guy jumps on the back and helps out. Luckily we get to the corner and once we are around the corner the rest is all downhill. At least three fooking taxis pulled in front of us though before we got to the corner making our job even harder. :evil:

So, a spectacular entrance was made and with sore quads and calves and it took quite a while to get our breaths back!

Thanks blokes - wouldn't have made it without ya! 8)

A cracker day, good show with about 170 cars and with the last day of the Aussie vs SA day/night test a lot of non-VW foot traffic as well. Even got a 2 minute grab at the end of the Channel Nine news as they were broadcasting from the ground.

Also really good to catch up with Brad and Andrew and check out the chook shed oval - what a beast of a ride.8)

No matter what happens they can't take you out in the street and shoot you....

STRIKE 1
morts

Post by morts »

STRIKE 1
morts

Post by morts »

STRIKE 1
Phat Bug
Bendigo Squadron

Post by Phat Bug »

Thanks for the pics Morts!!
Would've loved to get across again this year but the planets didn't align.