VW Nationals

Pics from shows attended by Luft members.
warb
aufkleber

Post by warb »

what is popular is not always right. and what is right is not always popular....

that brown turd got centerfold in some mag that i dont bother getting anymore. nuff said.
hertz
Snake Charmer

Post by hertz »

What strange choices. Seems dodgy as f#ck graphics, cheap taiwan empi parts, crap wheels, and "celebrate in 88" t-shirts never go out of style up there. Maybe its a midlife crisis thing they can all pretend they are 20 years younger.
signature cock
Jase
Sydney tourism board.

Post by Jase »

Ha Ha celebrate in 88 that cracks me up did you get a medalion at school to keep as a Commemorative of our Bi-centenary? Oh and expo yay!!!
Nafe
Albury Luft Command

Post by Nafe »

My birth certificate is a bicentennial commemorative edition.

I guess it was my parents who were the ones to "Celebrate in 88"

:lol: :lol:

Old buggers! :lol: :lol:
boris
you can't see me ,i'm hidden
Location: Adelaide....Beautiful one day, friggin rad the next!

Post by boris »

jhp1 wrote:Ha Ha celebrate in 88 that cracks me up did you get a medalion at school to keep as a Commemorative of our Bi-centenary? Oh and expo yay!!!
:lol: I found that medallion just the other week!! A touch of irony. Bloody hell. I remember the billboards around the place being graffittied with
"Celebration of Invasion"
squizy
Wolfsburg Post Master

Post by squizy »

undercircuit wrote:this won the early 60's beetle class

there cars got first and second

craig got third with this

The Nats judging always throws in a few curly ones eh? It would be nice for some of those 80's cars to be finally either locked up, or at least given a new coat of paint. This brown and weiss beetle and that yellow golf have been around for zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
captainvw
VOTE 1 ACKERMAN

Post by captainvw »

undercircuit wrote:
EMPIKG wrote:
hertz wrote:No way!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_ ... r=oziworks

this one????
yep...

personally i would hope that was the only thing that beat me cause if it was anything else i would cry :cry:
could have been the kermit green one that was parked next to you :shock:
Don't call this a comeback .
thelowerclass
luft commander

Post by thelowerclass »

couple of pics i took.

++++++++++++++++
Fonz
Foreign Correspondent

Post by Fonz »

Nice. :)

What lens was it you were using again?
The Karmann Kid!

STRIKE 1 !
rookie
this photo does not exist

Post by rookie »

thelowerclass wrote:couple of pics i took.

top pics!!
JimmyH
panscraper extraordinare

Post by JimmyH »

And it pics like that that make me want an ultra wide lens. They look awesome!
peppermintjones
Melburg Post Master

Post by peppermintjones »

great pics sam, love that oval of yours hopefully see it in the flesh one of these days.
one does what one can.
thelowerclass
luft commander

Post by thelowerclass »

thanks guys. yeh ill b down in melb with it later this year and at valla. thats my 10-20mm. saw that tiki car today over in surry hills near work, who owns that?
Last edited by thelowerclass on Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
++++++++++++++++
Fonz
Foreign Correspondent

Post by Fonz »

Cheers. Might have to look into prices.

Tiki bug belongs to, vince4ml, on here.
The Karmann Kid!

STRIKE 1 !
Nafe
Albury Luft Command

Post by Nafe »

Sorry guys, my fisheye picts are a little dark, but I'll post em up anyway and I'll say that I meant the dark, can't-see-shit, gloomy effect.

I've touched up some, but others were either no good or didn't come out at home.
Oh well, will know for later.

No P plates!!

vince4ml
slammeister

Post by vince4ml »

Hey Sam, you'll see the RestoRATiki around a lot more now...scraping the pipe off Surry Hills' speed bumps as the "I've-run-out-of-time-to-lower-the-arse-for-the-Nats" stance has been dealt with...along with other "issues" of not being on the road in 25 years until the day before! (And yes Nafe, fuel filter and another new line relocated. Well spotted, thanks). Could even make it to Valla...?

Sorry guys, been away from the 'Luft for a while...and didn't even see this thread a month ago. It was v nice today to see so many pics of my RestoRATiki. Makes a first time bug, and first outing very rewarding...thanks to all who did.

and WTF about your square Dave? Thought top gong was yours for sure.
captainvw
VOTE 1 ACKERMAN

Post by captainvw »

vince4ml wrote:Hey Sam, you'll see the RestoRATiki around a lot more now...scraping the pipe off Surry Hills' speed bumps as the "I've-run-out-of-time-to-lower-the-arse-for-the-Nats" stance has been dealt with...along with other "issues" of not being on the road in 25 years until the day before! (And yes Nafe, fuel filter and another new line relocated. Well spotted, thanks). Could even make it to Valla...?

Sorry guys, been away from the 'Luft for a while...and didn't even see this thread a month ago. It was v nice today to see so many pics of my RestoRATiki. Makes a first time bug, and first outing very rewarding...thanks to all who did.

and WTF about your square Dave? Thought top gong was yours for sure.
post some pics the rear end lowered ,was thinking it needed it at the nats :wink:
Don't call this a comeback .
vince4ml
slammeister

Post by vince4ml »

Hey Capt, Iill try and get some pics this w'end. Given that the bug was bog standard on Sat morning at the registry doing the paperwork before the Nats, by the time the front beam was swapped, original shit seats put back in, carved tiki-head tapped out as a gearstick knob (yeah cud have done that sometime before!), and the 10 over-riders added, there was no time for the rear. Decided to quickly add some 205s on the back and keep it up, 145 front runners, and imagine what a DKP 'RustoCal' strip car could look like (for a day). She was, and still is far from finished (there's boxes of shit still to go on and in her), but at least now there's driveway sparks flyin' all ova the inner city!

Now i gotta start the Valla plan... better jump threads. (I wonder if Nafe has a ride yet or is up for co-pilot duties?)
Nafe
Albury Luft Command

Post by Nafe »

vince4ml wrote: (I wonder if Nafe has a ride yet or is up for co-pilot duties?)
I appreciate this offer more than anything mate, but the orders from the luft squadron are to get this bitch slammed or nothing!

(I made progress today :wink: )

Can't wait for more picts!
vince4ml
slammeister

Post by vince4ml »

Secretly, a ride round the block in RaTiki may be all the motivation u need to get your own shit happenin' :lol:

If I'm going, I need some quality time with Mr Shock Absorber to see how we can be happy together! (with minimal investment in time, and hopEfully no $).

You planning on picking up a convoy in SYD?